Saturday, May 24, 2008

Grzana with Bacon



My dad always makes grzana for me whenever I come visit, and it's a much loved family breakfast (or lunch, or supper). I've tried making it myself, and it never comes out right, possibly because it's lacking the paternal touch, or maybe because it's actually better when you make 3 portions at a time in a big frying pan. Anyhow, feeling guilty over not updating this blog often enough (when still, there are SO many things to post), I decided to try making it with bacon. And it was awesome. The bacon really tied the whole dish together. 

Quite simply; for a single serving:

Fry up a few slices of bacon. Set aside. Fry 2 slices of bread in all that lovely grease. Layer the bread with slices of tomato. Sprinkle with salt. Put the bacon on top, breaking up the strips and arranging them for maximum coverage. Drop some butter in the pan (the bread soaks up all your grease) and fry two eggs on medium-high heat until the whites are solid but the yolks are runny. Carefully put one on each toast - if you break the yolk, it's still tasty, but it just doesn't look nice.

Eat with a fork and knife. Yummo.

No comments: